Mitigate was formed as a Commercial Security Operations Centre (SOC) and began Operations in April 2011.
The first customer was the Gauteng Department of Finance (GDF).
As a specialist provider of security solutions we have built an experienced team of security professionals delivering a combination of SOC and end point security solutions as a managed service (SAAS).
Mitigate provides security monitoring, alerting and remediation services via our 24x7x365 Security Operations Centre (SOC).
- Identify, manage and respond to security incidents and events
- Manage event logs from deployed Security Agents
- Threat monitoring
- Analyse and report on security incidents.
- Remediate identified security incidents through onsite resolver teams.
- On-going security consultations with monthly reporting
- Managed Security Services (Firewall, IPS, AV, Vulnerability Management)
- Operational (Server and Network) Monitoring and Alerting
- On top of Security monitoring GSOC also provides operational monitoring of servers, networks and applications. This is critical to the overall operations of the organization. Mitigate is ideally positioned to perform this monitoring as:
- Existing IT staff are typically busy running and fixing systems
- Hence you continue to run the systems, we take over the monitoring of the systems
- We can monitor 24×7
- We can present monitoring information in near-real-time to existing administrators and managers on dashboards while taking over completely after hours.
Examples of the monitoring that can be done:
- Disk space
- Disk IO
- Critical processes
- Speed in and out
- Responsiveness (depending on application component)